QuickBooks TLS 1.2 error is a protocol used to keep you and your data safe on Internet, keeping in mind the security of the data being exchanged by users through quickbooks, any sensitive information being leaked can cause recoverable damage to the business. So QuickBooks TLS 1.2 update plays role of a primary component to keep you safe while using quickbooks, so it is recommended to never ignore anything related to QuickBooks TLS 1.2
Consequences of not updating QuickBooks TLS 1.2
Just to provide rigorous security and 100% discretion of the information being entered on QuickBooks desktop, Intuit introduced this security protocol which made certain parameters, if the necessary parameters are not qualified you are prompted by QuickBooks TLS 1.2 error after may 31, 2018. It is very easy to fix QuickBooks TLS 1.2 Failure error but this will limit your access on following services until it is not fixed
- Linked services like payments, Payroll, online banking etc.
- Quickbooks Desktop activation
- Password reset tool
- Wherever Intuit account credentials are being used
- Intuit Data Protect service
- Help tab
- Ordering Cheques and supplies
- ( UK ) Online VAT filling
System Compatibility for QuickBooks TLS 1.2
In order to successfully run QuickBooks TLS 1.2 update on the computer there are certain specifications which have to be fulfilled
- Operating systems supported : Microsoft windows 7, Microsoft Windows 8.1, Microsoft Windows server 2008, Microsoft Windows server 2012, Microsoft Windows server 2016.
- At least Internet Explorer 11 or versions higher than 11 are mandatory
- Recommended to have .NET Framework 4.5.2 or higher installed
Why QuickBooks TLS 1.2 is suggested
Transport Layer Security is the full form of TLS which was invented by Netscape in early 90’s due to certain loopholes in this security system attackers and hackers were easily able to compromise confidential information from the computers connected to Internet. E-COMMERCE industry was the industry majorly affected by this lag.
As a prevention measure certain upgradations were made to TLS in order to solve this issue, the makers have made certain upgradations to TLS and the new version is known as TLS 1.2. QuickBooks Desktop is backed by the new version, In order to be safe and secure it is recommended to keep TLS updated to TLS 1.2
While making QuickBooks TLS 1.2 update you might be prompted by certain errors in such instances you don’t have to hassle, you just have to take one step, immediately contact QuickBooks support team so that appropriate troubleshooting could be done.