Here in this article, we will teach you some easy troubleshooting that is recommended by QuickBooks ProAdvisors if QuickBooks stopped working. To fix this error only follow the recommended solutions to prevent any kind of data damage or data loss.
While working as usual on QuickBooks desktop you get QuickBooks stopped working error message or maybe the program just froze while working. In these situations there are some reasons that make QuickBooks behave in such a problematic way. Here are some possibilities that bring up this error:-
- A very long company name has been assigned to your file.
- Any kind of critical damage to “QBWUSER.INI” or might be missing or quarantined.
- Any kind of data corruption on your system hard drive.
- QuickBooks installation error or any kind of data damage to Program files.
- Damaged operating system on your computer.
- Any kind of unethical hacking being tried on QuickBooks.
In any kind of error or problem, the best solution is to contact QuickBooks Technical Support to treat the problem. Here are some solutions that you can try for self-help.
QuickBooks stopped working
Solution 1- Using the “QBInstall” tool on your QuickBooks for a diagnostic.
This particular type of tool is developed by Intuit to help QuickBooks users overcome minor installation issues.
- First, you will be required to close any running application or process on your computer.
- Download the “QBInstall Tool” on your computer.
- Make sure that you save the file at a location that is easy to access.
- Apply double click on the downloaded file to run it. It might take up to 20 minutes for the process to end depending on the performance of your computer.
- Once the process is complete restart your computer.
- Try to open QuickBooks and check if QuickBooks stopped working error is fixed.
Solution 2- Renaming the user plugin.
- Find the folder which contains a file named as “QBWUSER.ini.
- Apply right click on the file when you find it and select the option “Rename”.
- You just need to add “.XC23” at the end of that file name.
- Now simply delete the QuickBooks entitlement folder present on QuickBooks files in Program Files.
- Restart your computer and check if QuickBooks stopped working error is fixed.
These were some basic recommended solution for this particular problem that you may encounter in QuickBooks. Do not try using any other method to fix the problem else than the recommended ones. Contact QuickBooks Technical Support for further assistance or any king of help regarding the software.