Couldn’t Connect to Email Server
We were unable to connect to the email server for your email provider
QuickBooks was unable to send your form for the following reason:
QuickBooks was able to connect to the remote server but could not understand the server’s response.
Please try again to see if the problem has been corrected on the server.
If the problem persists, contact QuickBooks Technical Support.
While accessing your email account through the webmail in Quickbooks desktop you get this error message just after you put in your email password and try to log in.
Above mentioned error messages are prompted on your screen, according to the survey this issue is experienced mostly by Yahoo email users.
Below is the list of all recommended troubleshooting steps. One of this will definitely solve the issue or you will have to follow all the steps in sequential order mentioned below. In case still you get the error, you don’t have to worry you just have to contact Quickbooks Support team for Quickbooks Technical Support by a well skilled technician which will result fixing the error.
How to Fix QuickBooks Error Couldn’t Connect to Email Server
Solution 1 – Update the Quickbooks Desktop to the latest update.
- Reboot the computer
- Pull up your Internet browser
- Go to Intuit website and Navigate to Update to Latest release page
- Now select the correct product from the menu
- After selecting the product click on Update button and Install the update file which will be downloaded
Solution 2 – Reconfigure webmail settings in the web mail preferences
- Open Quickbooks desktop
- On the left top corner the second option in the menu would be Edit
- Click on Edit, after that you will get a drop down menu.
- Choose Preferences
- On the left panel you will see Send Forms, Click on it
- Have a look in My preferences, and now choose your email account and then click on Edit
- Now go to SMTP Server details Section and configure the server name and port according to your email service provider.
- If you find difficulty Choosing the correct one you can refer Quickbooks Support team.
Solution 3 – Change Internet Explorer setting to default configuration
- Press Windows button on the left bottom corner of the keyboard and hold it down
- Along with it press the “ R “button on the keyboard and then release both the buttons
- Now you will see “ Run “ window on right bottom corner of the screen
- Type “ ietcpl.cpl “ and hit enter button
- This will open the “ Internet options “
- Click on “ Advanced “ tab
- Then ” Restore Advance settings “
- Close the window after clicking on “ OK “
If it is ascertain cause of the QuickBooks error Couldn’t Connect to Email Server is the Anti-Virus software installed on your desktop or laptop. It would be recommended to consult the Quickbooks Support team so that appropriate action could be taken to fix the issue. If the troubleshooting is done according the steps guided by Quickbooks Technical Support technician it would fix the root cause of the problem, if the user is making unnecessary changes and settings on the software or desktop without any guidance it is noticed even a small issue turns out to be a big one.
Most probably this troubleshooting would help you to resolve the issue but In case you still get the error, before contacting Quickbooks Technical Support department we would suggest you to also perform the solution in the error message, below mentioned diagram explains what should be done according to the error message
|You are not connected to the internet or your firewall is blocking the connection||Check if your computer is connected to the Internet by opening any website on the browser|
|Your email server settings are incorrect||If the web mail setting is misconfigured, you may refer to Solution 2|
|You entered an incorrect email address or password||Try Logging In to your email directly though a browser just to check if the credentials used to login are correct|
The Troubleshooting steps mentioned above are tried and tested by Quickbooks Technical Support technicians and they will definitely solve the QuickBooks error Couldn’t Connect to Email Server but In case still there is any difficulty you may contact