QuickBooks is an accounting software as it saves all your confidential business information, So whenever a user has to open QuickBooks user is prompted to enter the password. Sometimes due to technical issues or just because you open quickbooks after a long time, you might forget the password or you make a mistake in entering the password, due to which you have a hard time to open your QuickBooks Desktop, after reading this article you will learn the right way for QuickBooks Desktop password reset.
QuickBooks Desktop password reset
Step 1: Make Sure what password you want to reset
Admin password is the password for the user with administrative rights. In most of the cases people they have just one user and its the admin in this scenario they don’t have to enter the username, it’s already there, user would be prompted to enter the password. Below are the snapshots of the same:
User password means when you have multiple users for the quickbooks desktop and each user has his own credentials to get in to the software. Below is a snapshot of the same:
Step 2: Reset the password
- Open quickbooks desktop
- Select the company file for which you want to reset the password
- Now on the sign in page where you are being asked to enter the password there is also an I forgot my password link, please click on it.
- Now you will be asked to enter the information.
- Please fill in correct information and follow on screen instructions.
- For reference below there is a snapshot of same.