While using your QuickBooks Desktop application you may notice QuickBooks Desktop Crash: Com Error and due to which QuickBooks crash and displaying a Crash pop up notification which says Com error. This error is usually reported by users while they were trying to Open invoice or mail them this could also be encountered while opening transactions and reports.
QuickBooks Desktop Crash: Com Error
Below are the Solution that you are required to follow correctly in order to fix the problem. First solution may fix the problem but in case not then follow the other solutions in same order as they are mentioned. In case the problem persists you shall contact QuickBooks Technical Support
Important:- This error could be caused due to Microsoft Update version: 1805( Build-9330.2087). You must follow article by Microsoft if you are using this version of Outlook- Microsoft Article
Update Microsoft Outlook as this problem is fixed in newer versions.
Now here are the solutions that are to be followed in correct order to fix the problem try to do the process which brought up error after performing each solution.
Make sure that the latest version available for microsoft outlook is being used
- Open Microsoft Outlook and then click open the FILE menu. Now select Office Account and click on Update Options.
- Click on UPDATE NOW.
- Check if you are getting the com error or not. If not then follow the next solution.
Make sure that Outlook is being used as a default mail app.
- Open Windows Control Panel on your desktop and select the option for Default Programs and then click on Set your default programs.
- From the displayed list of Programs find and select Microsoft Outlook and proceed by selection Set this program as default.
- Click OK button.
By adding an email to your Outlook.
- Open file menu in your Microsoft Outlook.
- Click Add Account option for start-up.
- Now you will be asked to enter the preferred Email Address and then proceed by Clicking on Connect.
- Now Outlook will auto-detect correct server settings, proceed by clicking Connect.
- Now you will be asked for your email password that you need to enter and then click on OK.
- Click OK again to complete setup process.
- This may result fixing QuickBooks Desktop Crash: Com Error
IMPORTANT: Incase your QuickBooks is not able to detect your outlook then you may need to restart your desktop or get QuickBooks repaired by a ProAdvisor. Creating a new window profile may help.In case Windows profile is not able to detect outlook you may contact support for help.
Correction of mail settings
- Open windows control panel and select MAIL. select microsoft outlook.
- Now in the mail setup window choose Show Profile option.
NOTE:These two steps are to be followed if Outlook is already a default mail app.
- In case the option that is selected is -( Always use this profile ), then you must select Prompt for a profile to be used, click on apply.
- Toggle back the selection to Always use this profile and click on apply.
- Click OK.
Creating a new Email profile for Outlook
- End the process for Microsoft Outlook.
- Open Windows control panel and then open the Mail settings.
- Now when you are in mail setup window Click on show profile and choose ADD.
- Under profile name write the preferred name.Cick OK.
- Now simply follow the onscreen directions in order to ass a email account on your profile.
- From the dropdown menu available under ( Always use this profile) select the profile you created and then proceed y selection Apply and then click OK to complete.
Office repair and windows update.
- For a detailed solution you must follow the article by Microsoft-
- Repair MS Office
- FAQ/Windows Update
Intuit does not take any responsibility against any problem that is being caused by Microsoft application. In case you need help you may take free consultation by our QuickBooks ProAdvisors.
Some common potential risk:-
- Errors of MS Office and Windows.
- Lost licence for MS Office.
Running you QuickBooks in Windows Compatibility Mode
- Apply right click on Desktop QuickBooks Exe icon and from dropdown select Properties.
- Now go to Compatibility tab and choose Run this program in compatibility mode for.
- Now select version of windows you prefer from the dropdown.
- Add check on “ Run this program as an administrator Checkbox.
- Click on apply, and then on OK.
Adding an Admin User to windows
- Create a User for Windows With Administrative rights.
- Now login your windows with new account that has administrative rights.
- Try to open QuickBooks
- After doing this Please check if the issue persists or its fixed
These Solution mentioned above will fix the QuickBooks Desktop Crash: Com Error. In case you are unable to resolve the error you must contact QuickBooks Technical Support to take free consultation by our ProAdvisors.