Perform the following procedure only if you need to get access to your company file from a server or a host computer remotely while Opening QuickBooks Company File On Remote Computer.
Lets try Opening QuickBooks Company File On Remote Computer
Installing QuickBooks Database Manager on Remote system
QuickBooks Database Manager is a special type of utility that needs to be installed in order to configure your QuickBooks server to host or use a multi-user setup.
- First, you need to download QuickBooks and then install it on the computer.
- Open QuickBooks File menu and then switch to “Multi-User Mode”.
- In case hosting setup is asked click yes.
Note- QBDBMgrN.exe is a background process that QuickBooks runs even if the application is not open. Make sure this process is always running on a computer that has a company file.
- On multiuser setup window simply click ok.
- If you to add users click on Company and then on “Set up users and password”.
- Click Setup Users.
- Click Add User.
Note: Turn on network discovery and turn off Password Protected Sharing.
Make sure that Network discovery is always turned on and file should open by using the UNC path. In case of password protected sharing is turned on then you may need the password.In this case, either you should log in using the password or turn off password feature.
This procedure must be repeated on each computer that will be used in a multi-user environment for Opening QuickBooks Company File On Remote Computer.
- Open Windows control panel.
- Select “Network Sharing Center” and then choose “Change advanced sharing” settings.
- Expand then profile type that you use.
- Choose “Turn On Network Discovery” option that you can find under Network Discovery.
- Choose “Turn off password protected sharing” option that can be found under Password protected sharing.
- Click on Save Changes.
Locate and Open your Company File
- Open “File” menu on your QuickBooks and click on Open and Restore Company.
- Select the option “Open a company file” and then click on Next.
- Simply use browse option to locate your company file.
- Click and select the company file and then click Open.
- If asked simply input your username and password.
- Now try Opening QuickBooks Company File On Remote Computer