In this article, you will learn the process to Install QuickBooks Web Connector. Web Connector is an add-on service for QuickBooks That Grant access to the integrations that are between Various web-based applications and QuickBooks.
How to Install QuickBooks Web Connector article emphasis on
- Detailed information about QuickBooks Web Connector
- How you can install QuickBooks Web Connector
- Uninstallation process for QuickBooks Web Connector
- Adding applications to QuickBooks Web Connector
- How to turn off autostart function of QuickBooks Web Connector.
What is QuickBooks Web Connector for?
QuickBooks Web Connector can be defined as a go-between type of application that acts as a gate function and allows “qbXML” & “qbposXML” to pass correctly between various web-based application and QuickBooks. Any kind of communication can be scheduled for autorun or can be launched with the user’s command by turning off autorun function.
If you want to add any web service then don’t worry because it’s made as easy as downloading a file. All that program require is a “.qwc” file which is a XML type file that is specially designed to Interact QuickBooks and it can be launched automatically by Web Connectors autorun function.
If you have any questions about Web Connector Supportability then you should know that QuickBooks Web Connector is compatible with any QuickBooks Desktop Product available For purchase and that is being supported by QBPOS SDK or QuickBooks SDK. Compatibility also includes-
- QuickBooks Financial Software (US Edition)
- QuickBooks Enterprise
- QuickBooks Premier
- QuickBooks Pro
- QuickBooks Point Of Sale ( US Edition)
- QuickBooks Pro,Premier,Enterprise (Canada Edition)
- QuickBooks Pro,Accountant (UK Edition)
What is the correct way to Install QuickBooks Web Connector?
Note- Before you download and run QuickBooks Web Connector do make sure that you have a .qwc file authorised by your third-party service provider.
- Download QuickBooks Web Connector installation setup.
- Unzip the downloaded file and run .exe file available in a zip folder.
- Keep following the prompts in order to complete the installation
Note- This installation process will also download windows component if any required.
How to uninstall Web connector from your QuickBooks Desktop?
Note- Before you uninstall QuickBooks Web Connector make sure that you save your .qwc file.
- Open run window by Pressing Windows+R key on your keyboard.
- In the run window type “Control Panel” and press enter key.
- Open Programs & Features / Uninstall Programs .
- From the list of programs find and select Web Connector.
- Click on Uninstall option.
Note- If you don’t find Web Connector on List of programs then you can directly delete the application main folder from this location-C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\ or C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\
How you can Add any kind of application to QuickBooks Web Connector?
- Open Web Connector and then click on “Add Applications”.
- Now you will need to browse and select the “.qwc” file.
- A .qwc file is provided to you by the third party application that you are willing to add on the web connector.
- Click on Open.
How to turn off autorun feature of Web Connector?
If you have made a decision that you are not going to use QuickBooks Web Connector anymore then you can turn off autorun feature of it by removing it from your Windows startup group which will prevent Web Connector from Autostarting. If you turn off autostart feature of Web Connector then any application that uses it will get disabled.
- Open your Startup Folder.
- Windows 8/10
- Press Windows+R key on your keyboard.
- Type in “shell:startup”.
- Press enter key.
- Windows 7
- Click the Start button and then select “ All Programs”
- Select “ Startup” from the list of programs.
- Apply right click on QuickBooks Web Connector and choose “Delete”.
- Give confirmation when prompted.