Have you ever experienced QuickBooks Error 1904?
If yes, then this post is for you. Here we are going to discuss QuickBooks, its error 1904, and its solution.
The best way to run a small or medium-sized business is QuickBooks. It saves money as well as time through managing data for marketing and sales growth. Also, QuickBooks is a planning tool that you can use to make strategies for business. Intuit QuickBooks is easy and simple to learn accounting program that supports different tools and features.
The tool assists you in:
• Simplifying tax compliance
• Providing safety and tight security to the data
• Improving the accuracy of the output
• Decreasing your monthly expenses
• Improve the growth of your business
There are specific situations in which you may face some errors while using QuickBooks. The errors arise due to different reasons. A common error is the QuickBooks Error 1904.
Let us talk about the steps to fix QuickBooks Error code 1904
What is QuickBooks Error 1904?
QuickBooks Error 1904: [file path/ name/extension] did not get registered because of damaged file or wrong file setting.
You mainly face QuickBooks Error 1904 when you are attempting to run the Company File because of loss to QuickBooks Database. Also, QuickBooks Error code 1904 takes place because of insufficient disk space on your PC.
Cause of QuickBooks Error 1904
The causes of QuickBooks Error Code 1904are:
• Resulted by the occurrence of some wrong files
• Damaged file setting
• If you face this error, there will be notification displayed on the screen, i.e., Error 1904.
• Sometimes, you can face this error when you are attempting to install QuickBooks on your Desktop
• During Windows OS upgrade
• When you have no rebooted your PC
• Because of some damaged part of Microsoft Visual C++
How to fix QuickBooks Error 1904
To fix QuickBooks Error 1904, here are some easy steps that you can run:
Solution 1: Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
• The very first thing is to get the process of installation done
• Ignore the error message if it is appeared on your screen
• There is no need to open the application of QuickBooks yet
• You need to reboot your system
• After installing QuickBooks, download and run the tool if there is an incomplete installation
• Restart your computer again
• Activate the Built-in Administrator if the errors occur
• Under the built-in admin account, install QuickBooks program
• When you have done all these steps, move towards the next one.
Solution 2: Use the hidden (built-in) Administrator account and check permissions
• Make a notepad file and save it to the installation directory to see permissions.
• To open the Run window, press Windows + R on the keyboard
• Write in Notepad and press OK
• Type one word, QBTEST in the notepad
• From the File menu, choose Save As.
• After that, save the data to the installation directory
Solution 3: Make some changes in the Security Settings of installing QuickBooks directory
1. Navigate to Common Files folder, right-click on it and choose Properties.
2. Select Edit, below the Security tab.
3. Choose Users, below usernames or Group
4. Give permissions for the following things:
b) Read & Execute
c) List Folder Contents
6. Choose Apply and press, OK.
Solution 4: Repair an already present QuickBooks installation
1. You must close all the QuickBooks
2. Click on Programs after opening Control Panel
3. Choose Programs and Features
4. Click on QuickBooks and Uninstall it
5. In the installing QuickBooks window, choose ‘Next.’
6. Select Radio Button Next to Repair
7. Choose Next and then click Repair
8. Click on Finish
Solution 5: The Manual User Solution
1. After finishing the restoration, the first thing is to restart your operating system
2. Restart your computer and log on it as Administrator
3. Click on the Next Button after displaying the confirmation window
4. Choose All System Tools, Accessories,Programs, and finally
5. Press Start Button, and select System Restore
6. Select the Latest System Restore point from the displayed list
7. Select a restore point list and then click on Next
8. Choose Restore my operating system to the earlier time option and then click on Next in the new window
After doing all this, you can solve the QuickBooks Error Code 1904, I hope. Still, if you are facing the error, then you must re-install QuickBooks Desktop file.
Hopefully, this post will be beneficial in resolving your QuickBooks Error 1904. To get more assistance and detail, you can talk to the support team of QuickBooks Desktop. Also, you can speak on toll free helpline number 1-800-416-8574.
Quickbooks support team look forward to serve all quickbooks users in fixing any difficulty or error coming up while using Quickbooks Desktop. Our well versed technicians are available 24/7 for support and assistance.