Learn how to fix quickbooks error 6189, 816 and what this means, if it comes up on your quickbooks desktop.
Usually the error message “An error occurs when QuickBooks tried to access the company file (-6189, -816),” is seen if there is minor or major data damage on the quickbooks desktop company file.
Steps to fix QuickBooks Error 6189, 816
There are three simple steps to fix quickbooks error 6189, 816 lets try them one by one.
Step 1: Update Quickbooks Desktop
This is the most basic step of every problem on quickbooks, its observed that most of the problems are simply fixed by just updating your quickbooks desktop to latest release.
- Click on the Help menu in the drop down menu click on Update QuickBooks.
- After that click on Update Now tab.
- Choose the updates that you want to download and then select Get Updates.
- Wait for update to complete.
Step 2: Reset Internet settings
- Exit all open programs and windows on the computer..
- Open Internet Explorer, click on Tools > and then click on Internet options.
- Click on the Advanced tab.
- Under Reset Internet Explorer Settings box, click on Reset.
- Then you would get a disclaimer, ” Are you sure you want to reset all Internet Explorer settings? “ Click on Reset.
- Once it finishes applying the default settings, click on Close, and then click on OK.
Step 3: Reinstall QuickBooks
If the above mentioned troubleshooting steps doesn’t help to fix quickbooks error 6189, 816 then you may uninstall the quickbooks desktop completely from the computer and then reinstall it and check if you are able to fix quickbooks error 6189, 816
- Press Ctrl button on the keyboard along with it press the letter R.
- Run box would appear on the bottom left corner of the screen.
- In box type “ appwiz.cpl “ and hit enter.
- Now you will see all the applications or softwares that are installed on the computer.
- Navigate to QuickBooks and Uninstall it.
- Once the uninstallation is finished go to Intuit website and download the right version of QuickBooks from the website.
- Follow the on screen instructions and install the downloaded version
This would definitely fix quickbooks error 6189, 816 on your QuickBooks Desktop, in case this does not fix quickbooks error 6189, 816 you contact for QuickBooks Support anytime.