In this article, we will teach you the process to fix QuickBooks Error 1904. This particular error is usually encountered while you try to install QuickBooks on your computer.
If you are getting this particular error code then it is possible that if you back up your company file to QuickBooks it might get damaged which makes this error a critical error. Use the recommended methods to fix this problem. If recommended solutions don’t work out for you then do not try any other fixation on the software. Contact QuickBooks Technical support for further assistance.
Before following the recommended steps-
In some cases, the issue might be due to any third party application blocking QuickBooks.Please contact QuickBooks Technical support directly in these cases-
- Bit-defender installed on your computer.
- Adobe player being installed on your computer recently.
- If the error code mentioned: QBversionTool.dll
Steps to fix QuickBooks Error 1904
Step 1- Using the install diagnostic tool on your computer.
This method can be found useful to those who recently update their windows.
- Finish installing Quickbooks by clicking on “Ignore” in the message pop up.
- Make sure that you do not open QuickBooks Application after being installed.
- First, you have to restart your computer.
- Download the QuickBooks install tool on your computer and then run that tool to diagnose your installation.
- Once the scan process gets completed restart your computer.
Once done try to open the QuickBooks application and make sure everything is running properly but in case you are still getting the error code, proceed to step 2.
Step 2- Fixing the windows component manually
There specific windows components that might get damaged and might cause problems. In this case, you will have to fix those components manually.
These steps are very complicated soo make sure that you are an IT expert before you follow these steps. If you are not confident about your technical skills contact QuickBooks Technical Support-
These repairs include 2 variation-
- Repairing .Net Framework
- Repairing the Microsoft MSXML
Repair these two components of the Windows to fix QuickBooks Error 1904.
If either of these component fixes doesn’t help proceed to step 3.
Step 3- Making changed in setting for windows account
To follow these steps you must be logged into Windows as an administrator in order to make any changes.
Switching the windows account to the administrator.
- Press a key combination of Windows+S key on your keyboard.
- On the search bar enter “CMD”. Find the CMD run from the search results and then apply right-click on it.Choose the option “Run as administrator.
- Now in the CMD window enter “net user administrator/active: no” and then press the enter key to execute the command. once the command gets completed close the CMD window.
- Now simply log out of your windows account.
- Choose the account that has admin sign on it and logs into that account.
Changes for user permissions
- Use a key combination of Windows+S key.
- In the search bar enter “File Explorer”. Find and open the File Explorer from the search results.
- Now using the file explorer navigate to the location- C:\Program Files\Common Files.
- When you see the “Common Files” folder apply right-click on it and select the option “Properties”.
- Switch to the properties tab and click on “Edit”.
- In the section for “Group and user names” select the preferred user.
- In the section available for “Permissions for users” you have to turn on these permissions on that account-
- Read and execute
- List folder contents
- Once you have allowed these permissions simply click on Apply and then on ok.
- Now you have to re-install QuickBooks and then try to use the Application.
- This will fix QuickBooks Error 1904
If the steps mentioned above do not help you to fix QuickBooks Error 1904 then do not follow any method that is not recommended by us. Contact QuickBooks Support to avoid any data damage issues.