Before proceeding further to fix QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service Not Running (QBDBMgrN.exe) where QuickBooks Database server manager service keeps stopping one should know what this service is all about and why is it necessary for this process to run.
This particular service by Intuit is provided for Quickbooks users this host a company file in Multi-User environment so that other users can have proper access to the company file that is stored on Server Computer.
In case this service is disabled or is not running properly you will not be able to host the company file in the server and will be usable in single user only. When you will try to switch to multi-user the software will send you an error message that this service is not running.
Fix QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service Not Running (QBDBMgrN.exe)
Here this image displays the service with a .exe extension on Task Manager.
Where can you encounter this error on QuickBooks Desktop?
This error is mostly reported to occur while QuickBooks was updated to a new version but firewall settings were not updated which marked this process as unknown service and blocked it. When users tried to fix the error by repairing the company file using FIle Doctor they received an error message which was saying “Repair the following network problems before accessing your company file from other computers on the network *QBDBMgrN not running on this computer”.
QuickBooks file doctor is an efficient tool if you are trying to repair basic Company file issues as well as some server issues but it does not configure a firewall that is the root cause which acts as an barrier to fix QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service Not Running.
In this situation what we can do is manually configure the firewall to allow the Database server manager service to run properly.
Solution for fixing this problem
- Press Windows Key+R Key together on your keyboard to open the RUN window.
- Type control panel. Press enter key.
- From the control, panel menu click system and security option.
- Select the Windows firewall and then click on check for updates.
- If an update is found then click on Update now.
- Restart the computer once the update is installed.
There are 2 update file for Firewall manual update if you are not able to update automatic way-
32 Bit Windows – click to download update
64 Bit Windows- click to download update
This solution will fix the error but in case the error persists then do follow the next solution.
Solution 2. Reboot Database server manager
- Open Run window by pressing the Windows key + R key on the keyboard.
- Type “service.msp” in the run window and press the enter key.
- Now from the list find services for QuickBooks Database server manager. Eg- QuickBooksDB28, 27,26. Depending on your version of QuickBooks.
- When you find the service apply right click on it and select the restart option.
Now your problem will probably be solved but in case not then try nest solution
Solution 3: Adding the service to the firewall and its necessary ports.
- Open your firewall and see your filter setting to remove QuickBooks service from the list.
- Open location-C:\ Program Files\ Intuit\ QuickBooks and look for QBDBMgrn.exe to delete the file.
- Restart your computer.
Note- QuickBooks is not responsible for any changes made by third-party software or firewall that creates the problem. Contact support for help.
Solution 4 – Fixing QuickBooks Desktop Application
- Press a key combination of Windows + R.
- In the run window type “appwiz.cpl” and press enter key.
- From the list of programs find QuickBooks.
- Apply right click on it and select “Uninstall/Change”.
- Click Continue.
- Click Next.
- Choose ‘Repair’ and again click next.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Click on Finish at the end and restart your computer.
Solution 5- Using Clean Install Tool for installing QuickBooks Again-
Follow the article for Clean Installation Of QuickBooks-
These troubleshooting steps will definitely help you to fix QuickBooks Database Server Manager Service Not Running (QBDBMgrN.exe). In case you still have difficulty to fix it or you need immediate assistance please contact QuickBooks Support team