This article will help you to fix PDF and Print problems on Quickbooks Desktop, sometimes quickbooks users experience a hard time while printing, emailing or saving any document as PDF while working on quickbooks desktop. This article is all about troubleshooting those problems.
These are the error messages usually that you get:
There is a problem connecting to your currently selected printer, Microsoft XPS Document writer on XPS port.
Could not print to printer.
Error: QuickBooks can’t complete the current action due to a missing component: Missing pdf file component.
QuickBooks is not responding.
PDF Converter shows offline.
You cannot print directly to the QuickBooks PDF Converter.
The device is not ready.
Unable to save as .pdf file.
QuickBooks could not save your form or reports as a .pdf.
QuickBooks freezes when you try to reconcile accounts.
Print Driver Host for 32-bit Applications has Stopped Working.
QuickBooks PDF Converter Activation Error -20, -30, or -41.
Error 1722 or 1801 when installing PDF Converter.
Problems printing transactions or reports.
These errors are not that complex to fix, but still your productivity gets hampered if you again and again experience the issue. We would be discussing some easy troubleshooting steps to fix PDF and Print problems on Quickbooks Desktop and these errors, In case this doesn’t help, you can at any time contact the QuickBooks Support team.
Step 1: Reset temp folder permissions
- First reset the temp folder permissions
- Now confirm if you are able to print to your XPS
- Try to reconcile and check if the reconcile window freezes or is it off the screen.
- If you are able to reconcile that the problem is fixed, if unable to reconcile move to next step to fix PDF and Print problems on Quickbooks Desktop.
Step 2: Test, reinstall and adjust permissions for XPS Document writer
- Intuit never supports Microsoft software.
- If you experience any difficulty performing these steps please contact QuickBooks Support to avoid any further complication.)
- Make sure you are able to print outside QuickBooks to test XPS Document writer. If unable to print outside quickbooks as well move to next step.
- Unable to print outside quickbooks try to reinstall Microsoft XPS Document writer and check if you are able to fix PDF and Print problems on Quickbooks Desktop.
- If still problem persists check if XPS services are enabled or not, if they are stopped, enable them.
- Once this is done do not forget to adjust the windows User permissions for XPS Document writer.
- If you are using any security software or antivirus on the computer check and adjust the software setting as well.
These troubleshooting steps would definitely fix PDF and Print problems on Quickbooks Desktop and errors as well but in case this doesn’t help
- Try to repair the MSXML 6.0 and check if issue is fixed. If still it persists try reinstalling MSXML 6.0.
- These are the troubleshooting steps that can help you to fix PDF and Print problems on Quickbooks Desktop and errors as well but if this doesn’t help please contact QuickBooks Support team to fix the problem as it can be due to any other component which will be diagnosed by the technician after contacting the QuickBooks Customer Service.