Question: while opening QuickBooks point of sale I am getting an error which says invalid product code or product number is there any way that I could Fix Error 176109 Invalid Product Code / Invalid Product Number QuickBooks POS (Point Of Sale)?
Answer: T0 Fix Error 176109 Invalid Product Code / Invalid Product Number QuickBooks POS (Point Of Sale) Faced by users while opening their QuickBooks due to some specific reasons that will be mentioned below:-
- The entitlement folder of your point of sales has some damaged files which are causing this error.
- The product code used during the installation of the software is probably a wrong product key.
- The error may have arisen due to not logged in as an administrator in Windows.
Some basic problems cause this error on your QuickBooks point of sale that can be repaired by following these steps mentioned below or you can call QuickBooks 24×7 support for any further guidance about any error that arises on QuickBooks.
Important note: The program data of QuickBooks is always kept in a hidden file for some security reasons if you are unable to find the hidden folder you may need to change the display hidden files and folders or search for a file using Windows search to Fix Error 176109 Invalid Product Code / Invalid Product Number QuickBooks POS (Point Of Sale).
Fix Error 176109 Invalid Product Code / Invalid Product Number QuickBooks POS (Point Of Sale)
To be able to see all hidden folders that are located on your computer you may follow these steps mentioned below:-
- Open Start menu and from there you need to click on the control panel to get control panel Windows open.
- from the control panel locate the option which says folder options
and then select view tab and under the advance setting option select show hidden folders and drives and at last click on Ok.
Solution one: By deleting the damaged content in the entitlement client folder.
- By using the Windows Explorer you need to navigate to a specific location of your entitlement folder you have to open your drive c and inside that locate the folder named as program data inside that folder find a folder with a name that is in Intuit/Entitlement Client/V8
- Keyboard press control key and A letter key together to select each and every file present in that folder, when You see that each and every file in the folder is selected press the delete key to delete those damaged files.
- Confirmation popup is displayed on your screen simply press yes to give confirmation that you want to delete those damaged files.
- Now that you have deleted those damaged files that contained in your client entitlement folder in your main files of QuickBooks your issue of invalid Product Key may have resolved so to check that just open the QuickBooks and try to register again and hopefully your error is now resolved.
Yes, still unable to Fix Error 176109 Invalid Product Code / Invalid Product Number QuickBooks POS even after trying the solution you may feel free to call or QuickBooks Technical Support to get your validation code verified by a technician that is present for your help at our support.
SOLUTION TWO: By getting was activity files renamed in order to do the right access to your QuickBooks.
- By using the Windows Explorer navigate to your Windows local disk c where you will find a folder named as program data and inside that folder you need to open some folders as listed like this Intuit/ QuickBooks point of sale/ i n i.
- Now rename the folder of WAS activity by right-clicking on it and from the dropdown menu selecting the option of rename.
- You have to rename the file with is old activity. after renaming that particular file right-click anywhere on the screen to save the changes.
- now close the window that is being displayed on your display and then again follows solution 1 and deletes entitlements again.
- now that you have done everything the solution to States you are ready to use QuickBooks again as your issue must have been resolved.
SOLUTION TREE: By Forming a clean installation of QuickBooks point of sale.
To reinstall QuickBooks point of sale you have to uninstall the software from your computer and then reinstall it by downloading it from the internet or buy DVD whichever way you feel is the best for you and after the reinstallation, all of the files that your QuickBooks contain will be repaired automatically and you will Fix Error 176109 Invalid Product Code / Invalid Product Number QuickBooks POS (Point Of Sale).
After following all these troubleshooting steps you will be able to Fix Error 176109 Invalid Product Code / Invalid Product Number QuickBooks POS but In case the error message persists feel free to contact.