While you work on your QuickBooks Desktop Accounting software, you may encounter this particular error. This particular error can occur due to improper display settings on a high-resolution display. To fix Display Issues In QuickBooks one needs display optimization to work properly.
Here are the issues related to display:-
- The icons or font that you see on your home page appear to be bigger or smaller than the usual.
- Transaction forms are now not fitting the screen.
- The icon made available for sizing at the top right corner of the display is unavailable.
- Overwriting of field and labels not being visible.
- Buttons went missing.
- Distortion of the screen while minimizing or maximizing QuickBooks window.
- In your invoices, the pay date has cut off or it is truncated.
- Home page appearing to be blank.
Solutions to fix Display Issues In QuickBooks
Important:- Modifications applied to your display screen resolution or to the Windows DPI may affect other programs as well.
Solution 1- Change the DPI setting for QuickBooks Desktop
- Apply right click on your QuickBooks “.exe” icon and select “Properties” from the dropdown.
- Switch to compatibility tab and then Choose the option “ Disable display scaling on high DPI settings”.
- Click on apply and then on OK.
- Re-open QuickBooks application and check if the issue is resolved.
- Apply right click on QuickBooks “.exe” icon on your desktop and select option “Properties”.
- Switch to Compatibility tab and then choose “ Change high DPI setting”.
- Now you have to check “Override high DPI scaling behavior” and then choose “System[Enhanced]”.
Solution 2- Changing the view preferences for Desktop
- Open QuickBooks and then open your company file.
- Open Edit menu and then choose “Preferences”.
- Select the Desktop view and then choose “My Preferences”.
- Now all you have to do is to simply switch “View from multiple windows” to “One Window”.
Solution 3- Changing the DPI settings for windows.
As QuickBooks has been programmed to work with the default DPI setting of Window for user convenience, if you notice any change in default value then you may face various display issues like.
- Buttons missing
- Fields missing
- Apply right click on your computer desktop and then choose “Screen Resolution”.
- Select “ Make text and other items larger or smaller” from the bottom of the Display setting window.
- Choose the circle that is next to “Smaller(100%)”. This will bring back all text and other items back to normal size as they were.
- Save the settings that you applied and then restart your computer.
Windows 8 or 8.1
- Apply right click on your computer’s Desktop and then select the option “Screen Resolution”.
- Scroll to the bottom of your display setting window and select the option “Make text and other items larger or smaller”.
- If the checkbox for “Let me choose one scaling level for all my display” is selected then you may need to remove the mark.
- Bring your slider to “Smaller(100%)” which will bring back all text and other items back to normal size.
- Save the setting that you applied and then restart your computer.
- Press a key combination of Windows+R key to open Run window.
- Type “Control Panel” in the run window and press enter key.
- Choose the option “Appearance & Personalizations” and then choose the option “Display”.
- Go to section for “Change Size of item” and then select the option for “Set a custom scaling level”.
- Click on the dropdown list and select “100%” and then proceed by clicking OK.
- Click on apply and then restart your system.
Solution 4- Editing screen resolution settings on your System
Windows 7,8 or 8.1
- Apply right-click on your desktop.
- Select the option for “Screen Resolution”.
- Find and click on Dropdown assigned for Resolution and then select – “1024×768” or higher than that.
- Click ok to save.
- Restart your computer.
- Apply right click on your Windows Desktop and then choose “Display Setting”.
- Select “ Advanced Display Settings” from the left part of the display.
- Choose “Display”.
- Move to Resolution Section and then select the resolution to “1024×768” or higher than that.
- Click on apply to save settings.
- Restart your computer.
This will probably Fix Display Issues In QuickBooks In case you are still not able to Fix Display Issues In QuickBooks please contact Quickbooks Technical Support department for further assistance.