QuickBooks File Doctor is a tool issued by Intuit itself to fix minor networking issues that can arise in QuickBooks Application due to the problem in a network setting or any kind of minor data damage to network distributor files which can be easily fixed once you Install And Run QuickBooks File Doctor on your computer or laptop.
QuickBooks File doctor can also be found useful in cases where the user is not able to use the company file in QuickBooks
Here in this article, we help you to Install And Run QuickBooks File Doctor. This tool might help you to fix minor problems but the best way to get an issue resolved is to contact QuickBooks Technical Support where our professional ProAdvisors are ready to help you.
Install And Run QuickBooks File Doctor
Q1- How can install and run Quickbooks File Doctor?
To install QuickBooks File Doctor follow the steps correctly-
- First, you need to Download QuickBooks File Doctor on your computer.
- Once the file gets downloaded it will be named as “QBFD.exe”.
- Click on the file you downloaded.
- Once you have clicked the downloaded file installation setup will start.
- Keep following the instructions that are given by setup to install the tool
- Once the tool is installed properly on your computer it will autostart or you can launch it by double clicking the icon for Quickbooks File Doctor.
Q2- How to run QuickBooks File Doctor?
To run QuickBooks File doctor all you need to do is to follow the steps that are mentioned below-
- In the first window that appears to you, there will be a dropdown type menu where you have to select the company file. The other options that will be available will be for Browsing and searching company file on computer local disk.
- Now the next step is to decide that for what purpose the scan will be initiated depending on your problem type and name. You will also be showing some error codes. Choose “Check your file and network” and then simply click on Continue to start the scan. The time taken for the process will depend on the size of your problem.
- Now you will be asked to enter the the admin password for your QuickBooks Desktop. Enter the password and click on Next.
- The path is to be selected depending on where file doctor is being used.
- Select Workstation- If you are not a host of company file this is the option that you need to select in the file doctor. If you are asked to share your company file then simply click on NO.
- Select Server- This option is to be selected only if you are on the computer that is hosting the company file. If you are asked to share your company file then click on YES.
Once the scan process is finished restart your computer and then run Quickbooks again. Try to open the company file if the result for the scan was failed.
These are some steps that you are required to follow in order to Download, Install And Run QuickBooks File Doctor on your computer. If the problem persists you can contact Quickbooks Technical Support for Proper fix by professionals.