It completely depends on what version of Quicken is being used, the data can be directly converted to QuickBooks File or you can use the Quicken converter tool if the upgrade is needed. Continue reading this article in order to know more about how to Convert Quicken Data to QuickBooks Desktop in case you are willing to switch from Quicken to QuickBooks.
Know when you need to use Quicken converter
- Quicken Converter is only needed when you want to migrate from a lower version of Quicken to higher version of QuickBooks.
For eg. From Quicken 2017 to QuickBooks 2019.
- In case you are using the same version of Quicken to convert to QuickBooks you can convert the files directly from Conversion utility.
- MAC/Quicken– If you are using the Mac version of Quicken then either of both conversion method will not work for you. You must convert the file to windows version and then to Mac.
Convert Quicken Data to QuickBooks Desktop
Using the Quicken converter
Prior proceeding further towards using this tool please remove any other versions of it, If any other version is already installed on your System.
- First, you need to download the version of Quicken similar to the version of QuickBooks that you are willing to migrate to. Follow the links below to download.
- Quicken Converter 2019
- Quicken Converter 2018
- Quicken Converter 2017
- Quicken Converter 2016
- Get these tools from Intuit website or contact QuickBooks Support team on 1-800-416-8574
Install the tool and convert file.
- Launch the downloaded file for Quicken Converter and click on Next.
- Choose “I accept the terms in the license agreement” and proceed by clicking next.
- Now start the installation process by clicking on Next and then on Install.
- Click on Launch Quicken Converter and then click on finish
- Select “I am transferring data from Quicken for Windows” and then click on the Get started.
- Click on “Open a Data File Located on this computer” , now you need to select the file.
- Browse and select the Quicken file which has extension of .QDF. click on ok.
- Click on “Convert it”, proceed by clicking ok.
- Now if you prefer to save your QUICKEN data file simply click on save and then on exit.
Once you are done with the conversion process of Quicken data file you can now proceed to QuickBooks Conversion process using the Utility.
Use the Conversion Utility
Convert Quicken Data to QuickBooks Desktop by using QuickBooks File conversion utility.
- Open file menu in QuickBooks and select utilities.
- Select Convert and then select option “ From Quicken”.
- Simply select your Quicken file that you prefer to convert.
- Simply follow prompts that guide you through the process.
For more details about how to Convert Quicken Data to QuickBooks Desktop contact QuickBooks Technical Support