Clean Install QuickBooks Desktop
This article provides you with the correct troubleshooting steps to completely remove the Quickbooks from computer and then Re-install it altogether this process is known as process to Clean Install Quickbooks Desktop for windows computers. This will help you to resolve problems related to your company file, display and template problems and few more issues. This process completely replaces the Quickbooks desktop program and its supporting files which are used to install it.
In order to proceed further make sure you have your Quickbooks account information handy with you because you will be needing ahead.
- Now download a new Quickbooks Install setup file
- Once the download is completed
- Uninstall Quickbooks from the computer
- Install Quickbooks Clean Installation tool
- Run Quickbooks Clean Installation tool
- Re-Install Quickbooks
If you have doubts like “is this gonna affect the company file or stored data or any modification to data “ the the answer would be “No” It won’t do anything like this as your company file and information is not at all involved in this process.
Step 1: You really need Clean install or a normal re-installation could be solution to your problem
If you are not sure that Clean Install Quickbooks Desktop process
is really going to solve your problem, than start the troubleshooting with a normal uninstallation and Re-installation of your Quickbooks. by straight away jumping on to Clean Install Quickbooks Desktop
process would me it a longer process, Mostly a normal re-installation fixes some of the nominal problems on your Quickbooks. Incase this doesn’t help you then you may proceed with the next step.
Step 2: Back up your data and gather information
- Before you start making changes, It is highly recommened to Back up your company files to avoid any kind of data loss
- Make sure you have license number handy. you can find it on original packaging or in the purchase confirmation email if you bought it online from the website.
- Write down your product year and version to avoid any confusion ahead.
Step 3: Uninstall QuickBooks Desktop
- Have a on right bottom corner of the keyboard you will see the windows button
- Press it down and along with it press the letter R on keyboard
- This will bring up the Run box on right bottom corner of the screen
- Now type appwize.cpl in that Run box and hit enter
- Open the Windows Start Menu. Search for “Control Panel” and open Control Panel.
- This will take you straight to Programs and Features in control panel where you will see all the installed softwares on computer.
- Select QuickBooks Desktop on the list of installed programs.
- Select Uninstall/Change and follow the onscreen instructions. If you won’t have authorised rights then you won’t be able uninstall, in this case switch user on the computer and login as the admin.
Note: If you get any errors or you are not able to follow these steps you may contact us on Quickbooks Support phone number 1-844-745-2444
Step 4: Quickbooks Clean Installation tool
Quickbooks Clean Installation tool automatically renames the old quickbooks install folders and doing this allows Quickbooks to add new Installation files later when Quickbooks Re-Installed.
- Go to the website to download Quickbooks Clean Installation tool
- Click on the button to download the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool
- Open the file from the download destination It can be found by QuickBooks_Clean_Install_Utility.exe name
- Click on Yes when you see a prompt “Do you want to allow the app (Clean Install Tool.exe) to make changes to your system”
- Click on I Accept at the license agreement.
- Select your QuickBooks version and product version Then click Continue.
- Click OK when you see the Prompt “Please install your copy of QuickBooks to the default location”
- Once the QuickBooks Clean Install Tool is installated, you can proceed to reinstall QuickBooks Desktop.
Step 5: Quickbooks Re-installation
This is the last step to complete the process, now you have to re-install the Quickbooks, Incase you need help you can refer to Install Quickbooks Desktop, Following these troubleshooting steps will be helpful and resolve the issues, Incase you still experience any difficulty you may Contact